The Language Teaching Studies program at the University of Oregon focuses on transformational approaches to language instruction through innovation in curriculum, pedagogy, materials development, digital technologies, and assessment, including how evidence-based principles and practices can be adapted across a wide range of language learning contexts.
Unique program goals Include:
- Identifying the common practices of successful language learners as well as the diverse characteristics of languages and learner needs
- Emphasizing methodologies and curricula that align with current research and theory
- Recognizing the importance of social context, identity, and agency in language use
- Highlighting best uses of digital tools to motivate and inspire learners in and beyond classroom contexts
- Providing a background in language evaluation to match a new international need for proficiency-based assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Participants in the program can focus on one or more languages, including English and other commonly taught world languages, or less commonly taught and indigenous languages.
- The program is particularly sensitive to the evolving needs of language learners in this era of globalization and internationalization.
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 28 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Not Required: GMAT or GRE
International30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 15 months.
National30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 15 months.
In-State18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 USD per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.