Exceptions may occur for the student who has a number of prerequisites to complete or who is conducting an extensive research project. A master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from University of Kansas will, in most circumstances, satisfy the American Speech-Language Hearing Association's certification standards for continuing on to the clinical fellowship year. A certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology is awarded upon completion of a successful clinical fellowship.
About the Intercampus Program in Communicative Disorders
This program is offered through the Intercampus Program in Communicative Disorders which consists of the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing: Sciences and Disorders on the KU Lawrence campus and the Department of Hearing and Speech on the KU Medical Center campus. The Department of Speech-Language-Hearing is within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, while the Department of Hearing and Speech is part of the KU School of Health Professions.
Students take courses on both campuses. Block scheduling of courses reduces the frequency of commuting. A committee of faculty from both departments is responsible for instruction, curriculum planning, student selection and advising, clinical practicum policies, and course scheduling.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Multicultural Issues
- Evaluation of Speech and Language
- Clinical Processes
- Advanced Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology
- Professional Seminar
- Research experience (thesis or nonthesis option)
- SPLH electives (8 seminars, 2 credit hours each)
- Field Study in Speech-Language Pathology
- Advanced electives (SPLH, outside department, or thesis)
- Second field study or fourth practicum experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Health Sciences Linguistics View 911 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A copy of each official transcript should be uploaded into your online application at the time of application.
- They ONLY require transcripts from schools where students obtained their degrees and from those where speech-language pathology prerequisite courses were taken.
- Students MUST upload ALL of their own transcripts BEFORE submitting their application in order for their application to be considered ‘complete.’
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19322 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National24023 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24023 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10061 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.