Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), which affects nearly one in 68 children in the U.S., impacts learning and development in unique ways.2 Special educators and related professionals who serve learners with ASD are trained to identify and apply evidence-based practices in accordance with students' strengths, interests, preferences and needs.
This program prepares students to:
- Understand and promote social skill development and interactions of learners with autism
- Select, implement and evaluate evidence-based interventions for learners with ASD
- Interact with and support families of learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Students at University of Kansas will advance their understanding of the characteristics of ASD and how it affects development, formal and informal assessment methods, instructional strategies, and effective teaching practices for both students who require intensive and highly individualized education and those who need less intensive supports and services.
- Application of Assessment Information for Exceptional Children and Youth
- Methods for Learners With Higher-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Teaching Language and Communication Skills to Learners With Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- Family and Interprofessional Collaboration in Special Education
- Advanced Practicum With Exceptional Children Needing an Autism Spectrum Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 994 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed online application form
- Official transcript of completed bachelor’s degree from accredited university*
- Application fee
- Letter of introduction stating your area of interest and licensure status
- Name, email and position for three professional references
- Current resume or CV
- Proof of English proficiency (for non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
International21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.