This interdisciplinary Sport Management graduate program at the University of Kansas is trains professionals who are seeking administrative positions within all sectors of the sports industry.
Within those sectors, this graduate program supports careers in:
- Sport Management
- Player and Team Management
- Journalism & Sports
Program emphasis areas are delivered by drawing on the rich diversity of a major research university and coursework from the academic departments at the University of Kansas.
Benefits of the program include:
- Flexibility – Blended coursework that combines face-to-face sessions, online learning, and field experiences that make it the perfect options for the working professional.
- Program Reputation - KU’s Master’s Degree in Sport Management is offered through the KU School of Education, which was recently ranked 8th in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Public Education Schools.
- Professional Network – Instructors and fellow graduate students will offer a broad-based knowledge of the field, lifelong friends and fellow colleagues from their programs. Builds a sense of connection for your sport management career.
- Access to KU Athletics - Students at KU benefit from access to a robust, high-caliber athletics department which can facilitate learning and field-based experiences that is unmatched at other universities.
- Hands-on learning – KU’s Master’s program in Sport Management offers unique opportunities for students to engage in developing research and learning through the Amateur Sport Research Center.
- Available funding – Academic scholarships for students in the sport management program are supported through the Dr. Bob Run.
- Understanding Research in Education
- Socio-cultural Dimensions of Sport
- Ethics in the Sport Industry
- Sport Marketing
- Organizational Behavior in Sport
- Sport Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- If you are an international applicant, we strongly encouraged you to complete the application process well in advance of these deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Sports Management View 323 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- Regular admission requires a bachelor’s degree and a grade-point average (GPA) of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) from a regionally accredited institution, like KU, or a foreign university with substantially equivalent bachelor’s degree requirements.
- If you are an international applicant, we strongly encouraged you to complete the application process well in advance of these deadlines, in order to ensure adequate time for processing of visa-related paperwork.
International18473 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18473 USD per year during 12 months.
National18473 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18473 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8002 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lenexa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.