A primary goal of the research is to improve our understanding of the biology of Equidae. Emphasis is placed on investigating the causes and mechanisms that affect the production and performance of horses, regardless of breed.
Teaching the next generation of scientists and researchers is part of the Department of Veterinary Science graduate program at the University of Kentucky core mission.
The department offers a pre-veterinary medicine advising program that prepares students to meet requirements for veterinary schools in the United States. The department offers graduate degrees in a master of science and doctor of philosophy. The department also hosts several postdoctoral scholars and visiting scientists from various countries each year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethnics in Scientific Research
- Veterinary Science Seminar
- Correlative Pathology
- Advanced Virology
- Advanced Veterinary Parasitology
- Advanced Veterinary Pathology
- Techniques in Veterinary Microbiology
- Techniques in General Veterinary Pathology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 31 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United States
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University).
- The equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted scores must be no more than two years old.
International32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13404 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.