Propose solutions for public health problems using sound data analysis and evidence-based decision making at the Master of Public Health degree at the University of Kentucky.
- Use evidence based principles and scientific knowledge effectively when involved in evaluation and decision-making in public health
- Assess population-based health problems from the perspective of multiple public health science disciplines.
- Propose potential solutions to public health problems based on an understanding of systems theory, essential services, and social, behavioral, environmental, and biological factors that contribute to the problem.
- Use basic terminology and definitions of epidemiology.
- Identify key sources of data for epidemiologic purposes.
- Calculate basic epidemiologic measures and draw appropriate inferences.
- Describe basic concepts of probability, random variation, and commonly used statistical probability distributions.
- Apply and interpret common statistical methods for inference.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health Systems Administration
- Data Analysis
- Understanding and Communicating Environmental Health Risks
- Evidence-Based Public Health Planning and Practice
- Public Health Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 1068 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University).
- The equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted scores must be no more than two years old.
International33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 24 months.
National33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13674 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.