Following WPI’s distinctive educational model, in which theory and practice go together, the Applied Statistics program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute will provide an in-depth understanding of important statistical methods while deploying them to solve critical problems in the world around you. You’ll have the flexibility to tailor a path that matches your career goals and do research that matters to you in areas ranging from biostatistical application to big data analytics, to social policy analysis.
Statisticians are in high demand in many industries, and the broad education you gain at WPI will prepare you to jump right in and make an impact right away. Our master’s in applied statistics students often continue their education at prestigious universities and find career opportunities in diverse sectors, including insurance, communications, government, life sciences, and weather services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Through core courses, you’ll master the theoretical foundations of applied statistics and learn to use powerful computational tools to gather and analyze large amounts of numerical data.
- You can choose electives with a theoretical or industrial emphasis that focus on topics such as regression, multivariate analysis, sample surveys, Bayesian analysis, and temporal analysis.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Statistics View 329 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Subject test in math is strongly recommended
- There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students is typically 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical.
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.