Composed entirely of technical courses, the Power Systems Engineering program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute brings together a wide variety of analytical and practical subjects, both classical and current, that are necessary for engineering success in today's power industry. Through course topics in analysis, rotating machinery, transmission and distribution systems, protection and controls, and more, you will be prepared to:
- Analyze power flows in delivery networks – both for steady state and transients
- Understand electro-mechanical energy conversion and power system operations and planning
- Design power delivery networks – both transmission and distribution
- Analyze dynamic system response to disturbances
- Design protection and control systems
- Evaluate design alternatives, including both technical and economic analysis
- Lead projects using a full suite of management tools
- Understand group and individual dynamics leading to more effective interactions
- Identify and mitigate operational risks
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power System Analysis
- Transients in Power Systems
- Power System Dynamics
- Protective Relaying
- Power Distribution
- Risk Management and Decision Making
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 58 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Required for International Students Only
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students who come from countries where English is not the first language
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.