Graduate students in the Library and Information Science program at at the University of Kentucky have the opportunity to earn their degree online and in as little as 36 credit hours. We pride ourselves on offering unique opportunities to our graduate students, including:
- Asynchronous online classes allow students a flexible, individualized schedule, and students may take classes full-time or part-time to meet the degree requirements
- In-state/Resident tuition rates for online learners (see current rates here) cuts cost of a graduate degree significantly for distance students
- Practicum and Study Abroad possibilities as part of student’s credit hours
- School Librarian Certification for students pursuing a career in school libraries or media centers
- Chance to apply for an Alternative Spring Break internship position in Washington D.C. at places like the Library of Congress, National Library of Medicine, or the Smithsonian Libraries
- A Top 5 U.S. News & World Report ranking in Health Librarianship
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Information in Society
- Information Seeking, Retrieval & Services
- Information Representation & Access
- Management in LIS
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 27 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of
- English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English
- (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University). The
- equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to
- satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted
- scores must be no more than two years old.
International32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13404 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.