With a course-based curriculum that appeals to entrepreneurial engineers of all disciplines, you’ll find the Biomedical Engineering program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute gives you the biomedical engineering expertise to advance in your industry.
Whether you want to help inventors of new medical instruments through patent law, or you'd like to design or develop new products—or you’re simply interested in how technology pushes the envelope in biomedical engineering—you’ll find a way to make that happen here.
The degree prepares you to consider the big picture as you understand the ethical implications of biomedical engineering developments and the roles of physicians, patients, and the marketplace in new products and innovations.
The Master of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering program helps all types of engineers focus their specialty in the biomedical industry. The flexible program is especially suited for anyone going to school and working full-time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Through course work that includes a multidisciplinary mix of biomedical engineering, advanced mathematics, life sciences, and various electives, students tailor their degree to their interests.
- Students work alongside renowned faculty to learn cutting-edge approaches in areas like tissue engineering, biomedical instrumentation, and biofluids.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 307 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Required for all applicants; waived for WPI students and alumni. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students is typically 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical
- Statement of purpose
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.