The Master of Science in Statistics at The University of Rhode Island is designed as a modern 2-year graduate program in statistical methods. In the last few years our program has grown, and it has attracted students from different countries, backgrounds, and with diverse research interests.
Compared to other Masters programs, we have a very favorable student to faculty ratio (2 to 1) and this allows our students to receive more personalized attention and guidance from their professors. Students can choose at the time of application between a “thesis option” and a “non-thesis option”. The choice can be reversed at a later time. See below for more details on the two alternatives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Statistical Methods in Research
- Directed Study in Statistics
- Special Topics in Statistics
- Analysis of Variance and Variance Components
- Applied Regression Analysis
- Quality Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 496 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 12 months.
National29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State16322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16322 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.