For the M.S. Nursing program at the University of Rhode Island and post master’s certificate: advanced practice nursing (including family and adult/gerontology acute care nurse practitioner concentrations, adult/gerontology primary care nurse practitioner and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner). Nursing education is a post master’s certificate program.
M.S. course work includes nursing courses in theory, research methods (qualitative and quantitative), leadership in the health policy process and study of problems and nursing strategies in client and client-nurse systems. Practicum courses are designed to provide knowledge specific to the student’s concentration area. The program culminates with comprehensive examinations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophical & Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Science
- Advanced Methods in Nursing Research II (Quanitative Methods)
- Social and Health Care Policy
- Graduate Study Seminar
- 30 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 688 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 30 months.
National29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 30 months.
In-State16322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16322 USD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.