The Master of Science in accounting program is designed for students with a variety of educational backgrounds and professional experience who want to enter the field of accounting.
The M.S. degree in Accounting at the University of Rhode Island provides a strong accounting and business foundation for the student with an undergraduate degree in an area other than accounting. These students graduate with a theoretical understanding of accounting along with the necessary technical background. They are equipped to perform exceedingly well as professionals in public and corporate accounting.
The objective for students with undergraduate degrees in accounting is to provide a fifth year of conceptual, theoretical, and technical education in accounting, finance, analytics, and other areas where the student can gain the most toward achieving his or her educational objectives. The Master of Science in accounting program has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) since 1972.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Current Accounting Theory
- Taxation of Business Entities
- Financial Statement Analysis and Reporting
- Advanced Problems in Accounting
- International Accounting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesAccounting View 549 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA)
International28292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28292 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15514 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State22382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22382 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.