The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) program at the University of Rhode Island mission is to instill public service values, knowledge and expertise to prepare you to solve problems related to governance and policy with integrity, professionalism, and excellence to improve our communities and society.
As an M.P.A. student, you will learn the most current administrative theory and practice for the public and nonprofit sectors. The program is designed to meet your individual interests, offering opportunities to earn graduate certificates in specialized programs related to public policymaking and administration such as cyber security, human resource administration, non-profit studies, labor studies, healthcare management and community planning.
The students have been placed at a wide variety of internships at municipal, state and federal agencies, legislative offices, healthcare institutions, advocacy organizations and foundations. The MPA Program also works cooperatively with Rhode Island College’s Certificate Program in International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGO).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Administrative Theory
- Ethics in Public Administration
- Seminar in Budgetary Politics
- Problems in Public Personnel Administration
- Public Program Evaluation
- Seminar in Public Policy Problems
- Administrative Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 504 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International28292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28292 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State22382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22382 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.