Applicants for this Marine Affairs program at the University of Rhode Island must have either a graduate degree in a field useful in coastal and ocean management, such as the behavioral sciences, ocean science or engineering, resource economics, law, political science or public administration, or have at least five years of experience in some ocean-related activity. In this program, students acquire knowledge and analytical skills through required and elective courses.
The core courses are: Ocean Uses and Marine Science, Economics of Marine Resources, International Ocean Law, and the Marine Affairs Seminar. The fall Seminar is the focus of interdisciplinary exchange. It relies heavily on outside speakers and resident faculty members and requires student presentations on specific selected problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Ocean Uses and Marine Science
- Economics of Marine Resources
- International Ocean Law
- Marine Affairs Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 606 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 24 months.
National29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16322 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.