Applicants for this Marine Affairs program at the University of Rhode Island must have either a graduate degree in a field useful in coastal and ocean management, such as the behavioral sciences, ocean science or engineering, resource economics, law, political science or public administration, or have at least five years of experience in some ocean-related activity. In this program, students acquire knowledge and analytical skills through required and elective courses.
The core courses are: Ocean Uses and Marine Science, Economics of Marine Resources, International Ocean Law, and the Marine Affairs Seminar. The fall Seminar is the focus of interdisciplinary exchange. It relies heavily on outside speakers and resident faculty members and requires student presentations on specific selected problems.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Ocean Uses and Marine Science
- Economics of Marine Resources
- International Ocean Law
- Marine Affairs Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 408 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International28292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28292 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State22382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22382 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.