About Speech-Language Pathology at The University of Iowa
The department also offers courses for students with vocational and professional goals in other fields—for example, engineering, psychology, education, speech, theatre arts, dentistry, and medicine—whose preparation may be enriched by the study of speech and hearing processes and their disorders.Advanced degree holders in communication sciences and disorders provide clinical services for people with speech, hearing, or language problems in hospitals, community clinics, rehabilitation facilities, elementary and secondary schools, and private practice. They teach in colleges and universities and conduct research in laboratories concerned with communication processes and disorders.
- Speech and Hearing Processes and Disorders
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Phonetics: Theory and Applications
- Basic Acoustics for Speech and Hearing
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech Production
- Speech Production: Anatomy and Physiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 756 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Apply directly by submitting and completing your CSDCAS application - Liaison
- You must also submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the application fee by credit card.
International33297 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33297 USD per year during 24 months.
National33297 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33297 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14196 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.