The School of Social Work's mission is to develop, disseminate, and integrate excellent and compelling research-based knowledge, practice, and policy, particularly that related to children, families, and older adults. The school operates from strengths-based perspectives and systems perspectives.
The master degree program in Social Work is offered by The University of Iowa. It educates its graduates to be culturally competent scholars and practitioners who are committed to social justice and social work values and ethics, and who are prepared to serve in and have a positive impact on a broad range of family-centered and community-based practice settings throughout the State of Iowa and beyond.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family Violence
- Continuing Education: Individual Study
- Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness
- Introduction to Understanding Trauma and Resilience
- Human Sexuality, Diversity, and Society
- Substance Use and Abuse
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 337 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- School of Social Work MSW Supplemental Data Form
- Three completed Recommendation Forms
- A statement of purpose and essays as described in the Admissions Policy (Section III-D)
- A résumé
- Additional requirements for Accelerated Advanced Standing MSW
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing ServiceOnce recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30612 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.