The Department of Spanish and Portuguese offers undergraduate majors and minors, graduate degree programs, and course work for students in other disciplines. The master degree in Spanish is offered by The University of Iowa.
The department provides a wide selection of courses taught in Spanish and Portuguese, languages that are spoken in many cultures around the world and are important in the study of linguistics, health care, culture, literature, art, film, and many other areas. Spanish and Portuguese language courses are open to any student who has satisfied the course prerequisites.
- The Language Media Center (LMC) is an essential resource unit for faculty and students in the Division of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
- The LMC provides a wide variety of facilities and services for traditional language laboratory work as well as for foreign language digital media production and computer-based activities.
- The LMC facilities include a 50-computer information technology center (ITC), two digital audio laboratories, a multimedia development studio, four One Button Studios for video production, 13 media viewing stations, and six small-group collaboration spaces.
- The LMC also circulates a collection of over 3,000 foreign language, American Sign Language, and English as a Second Language digital media materials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Accelerated Intermediate Spanish
- Accelerated Intermediate Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Hispanic Cultural Activities Attendance
- Spanish Language Skills: Writing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Rolling admissions for consideration thereafter.
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 372 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- Application for Graduate Awards
- A one- or two-page statement of purpose
- MA applicants must submit a paper in Spanish that shows their ability to do linguistic or literary analysis
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile.
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30612 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.