The program consists of a set of five core courses (see details below). There is no research requirement nor is a thesis required to obtain the degree.
A student graduating with an M.S. in Aeronautics will:
- Be skilled in fluid mechanics, solid mechanics and mathematics, as applied to advanced study in aeronautics;
- Have an in-depth understanding of the foundations of analytical, computational and experimental techniques in this area;
- Be well qualified for a career in aerospace and related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research in Aerospace
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanics of Structures and Solids
- Experimental Methods
- Aerospace Engineering
- Space Propulsion
- Aerospace Engineering Seminar
- Introduction to the Physics of Remote Sensing
- Continuum Mechanics of Fluids and Solids
- Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures
- Advanced Research in Aerospace
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- GALCIT Colloquium
- Special Topics in Fluid Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering View 105 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To successfully complete the online application process, you must:
- Create a free account with CollegeNET to submit the application form online. Include payment of the application fee or submit a fee waiver request.
- Upload a Statement of Purpose.
- Request GRE, TOEFL, and/or IELTS test scores to be sent directly to the California Institute of Technology (Institutional Code 4034).
- Upload an official electronic copy of your transcripts or online grade reports issued by your college or university.
- Register three individuals from whom you will request letters of recommendation.
- Upload a CV or Resume
International52506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52506 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National52506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52506 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State52506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52506 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.