The course of study includes classroom, laboratory and field-site education and training. The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program offered by George Washington University includes a two-semester internship. Interns deliver counseling services, under supervision, both in the program’s Community Counseling Services Center and at health and human services agencies in the community.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is committed to preparing knowledgeable and ethical Professional Counselors equipped for the practice of individual, couple, family, and group counseling. Our program emphasizes working with diverse populations and developing strategies to promote the social, emotional, psychological, and physical health of individuals, families, communities, and organizations.
We contribute to human development, adjustment, and change by encouraging our diverse faculty and student body to engage in reflective practice, critical inquiry, civic engagement, and responsible social action.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Quantitative Research
- Professional and Ethical Orientation to Counseling
- Counseling Interview Skills
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Individual Assessment in Counseling
- Psychosocial Adaptation
- Group Counseling
- Social/Cultural Dimensions Counseling
- Counseling Substance Abusers
- Family Counseling
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Trauma and Crisis Intervention
- Practicum/Internship in Counseling
- Advanced Internship in Counseling
- Foundations/Practicum: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Life Span Human Development
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 824 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations (preferably one from a faculty member and the other from a professional supervisor)
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
- Statement of purpose
- A resumé and an interview are required.
International1825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1825 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National1825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1825 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.