About Computer Science at The University of Iowa
The Department of Computer Science offers undergraduate programs in computer science and in informatics as well as graduate degree programs in computer science. It offers courses that students in all majors may use to satisfy the GE CLAS Core Quantitative or Formal Reasoning requirement and a First-Year Seminar designed for entering undergraduate students. For general information about the department, faculty, and research activities, visit the Department of Computer Science website or the department's office.
- Students pursue software design and development careers in the technology sector, including UIX, mobile, and web development.
- Recent graduates hold positions at technology giants such as Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, or Intel, while others have taken positions in internationally established organizations whose primary business lies in the consulting, financial, health care, insurance, or media/entertainment sectors.
- A few M.C.S. students enter the start-up market or pursue additional graduate education leading to the Ph.D. at the University of Iowa or elsewhere.
- Principles of Computing
- Computer Science
- Computer Science
- Programming for Informatics
- Discrete Structures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences View 1043 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited American College or University, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- Meet English Proficiency Requirements
International29739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29739 USD per year during 24 months.
National31012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31012 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12065 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12065 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.