Students may earn their MA along the way, provided they have committee approval and have completed the required number of semester hours of course work. The master degree program in Communication Studies, at The University of Iowa, is offered without a thesis.
Communication creates meaning and builds worlds. The mission of the Department of Communication Studies is to explore the central role that communication plays in shaping our relationships, institutions, and societies. The department prepares students to serve as innovative scholars, engaged citizens, effective communicators, and visionary leaders in all of the communities they inhabit.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Interpersonal Communication
- Theory and Practice of Argument
- The Art of Persuading Others
- Music and Social Change
- Communication Theory in Everyday Life
- Media and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 547 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A Resume/CV
- A statement of purpose
- A sample of scholarly writing
- A departmental Supplemental Information Form
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30612 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.