Dive into hands-on clinical experience from Day 1.
The clinic-centered curriculum of the Medical Physics program of Vanderbilt University for both therapy and imaging tracks lets you jump right into faculty observation, clinical practicum, and in-clinic learning at our state-of-the-art academic medical center.
Join a close-knit cohort.
With a handful of MS and DMP candidates at any given time, your coursework and clinical rotations happen in an environment with lots of opportunities for one-on-one mentoring.
Your classes typically include 3-6 students, and our expert faculty regard mentorship and teaching as the core part of their work each day.
Prepare for a career of innovation and leadership.
Our graduates are superbly trained and confident in their fields— but they’re also ready to be lifelong learners. You’ll see that mindset in practice every day across Vanderbilt; it’s what keeps us on the cutting edge of our field.
Whether you’re mentoring younger students, pushing forward a novel research endeavor, or asking unusual questions in clinic, you’re training to become a medical physicist who moves the field forward.
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Health Physics
- Radiation Biophysics
- Radiation Interaction and Dosimetry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 768 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in Physics, Engineering, or other physical science from an accredited college or university, including the following courses or their equivalents: Calculus III, Differential Equations, Modern Physics, Modern Physics Lab, Computer Programming Language (or demonstrated experience with programming)
- Two or more of the following junior/senior level physics undergraduate courses: Electricity & Magnetism, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or a B average
- General GRE scores
- Proficiency in the English language
- Transcripts for all college classes
- Three academic/professional references
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee
International64500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD per credit during 24 months.
National64500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.