The School of Art and Art History provides a creative, multidisciplinary environment for students of the studio arts and the history of art. Established in 1936, the school is firmly grounded in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. It encourages interaction among its diverse faculty as well as collaboration with related disciplines across campus.
Here at The University of Iowa we offer a master degree in Art History. Iowa's art and art history graduates enjoy success as practicing professional artists, professors of art history, teachers, museum directors and curators, theater designers, commercial designers, and art administrators.
The undergraduate Art History Society and the graduate Art History Society sponsor activities for students. The Faculty/Graduate Student Art History Colloquium meets five times each semester to focus on professional development and issues of broad interest in art.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Art of West Africa
- Art of Central Africa
- Themes in African Art
- Art of the Pacific Islands
- Themes in 18th- and 19th-Century European Art
- Italian Baroque Visual Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 202 other Masters in Art History in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A 1,000-word statement of purpose
- A research paper (preferably from an art history course) or thesis
- Supplemental Information Form
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment.
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30612 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.