About this Degree
The graduate studies program of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia offers two graduate degrees for students preparing for professional and academic careers: the Master of Arts degree and the Doctor of Philosophy degree.
The M.A. program emphasizes the integration of mass communication theory, research methods, decision making, and critical thinking and provides preparation for further study and/or for careers in advertising, journalism, mass media studies, public relations, and telecommunications.
Applicants accepted for the master’s programs and Ph.D. program begin their program in the fall semester. Admission is based on undergraduate grade point average, the results of the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), a statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation, as well as previous professional experience and scholarly work.
- Anyone holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is eligible to apply for admission to the master’s programs. The program is open both to students with undergraduate majors in journalism and mass communication and to those who have majored in other areas.
- Master’s students without backgrounds in journalism and mass communication may be required to take 9 or more credit hours of undergraduate-level foundation courses before registering for more than 6 hours of graduate courses. If not previously completed, a course in statistics is also required.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 166 other Masters in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS Requirement (minimum score of 80 overall with at least a score of 20 in the speak and writing sections)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- The GRE is no longer required for the MA programs.
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.