Develop the expertise to analyze fifth graders in a school district, all workers at a company, everyone taking a graduate entrance exam, or a sampling of patients in a counseling lab. . Specialists in this field (psychometricians) design tests that collect empirical data and quantify the personal characteristics of individuals, comparing those results within or across populations.
This Master in Assessment, Testing and Measurement in Education program offered by George Washington University is designed for individuals who are entering or advancing in positions associated with assessment, testing, and measurement in diverse settings. The program offers some of the nation's premier graduate training in psychometric and statistical methods taught by faculty who are engaged in world-class research. Students are provided mentorship through all phases of the research process and become trained in modern analytical methods.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Assessment, Testing, and Measurement in Education
- Group Comparison Designs and Analyses
- Educational Measurement
- Predictive Designs and Analyses
- Item Response Theory
- Assessment Engineering
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3581 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
International43560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1815 USD per credit during 15 months.
National43560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1815 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.