One of the strengths of this Program has been the presence of faculty who have been trained in Clinical Psychology and Counseling Psychology, which has provided a valuable opportunity for collaboration between faculty and graduate students. The master's degree can be completed with two years of full time enrollment on campus.
Students who complete the master's program in Clinical-Counseling Psychology are eligible to sit for both the Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor Examinations.
- Master's Thesis
- Clinical-counseling Capstone Project
- Theories Of Personality
- Advanced Behavior Modification
- Clinical-counseling Psychology
- Group Psychotherapy And Counseling
- Techniques Of Objective Psychological Assessment
- Statistics: Data Analysis And Methodology
- Psychology Of Diversity
- Theories And Techniques Of Counseling: Adults
- Vocational Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Advanced Psychopathology And Mental Health Diagnosis
- Legal, Ethical, And Practice Issues In Clinical-counseling Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 894 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or prior to fall admission
- Official transcripts from each college or university
- Have completed at least 15 hours of undergraduate psychology courses that include general psychology, psychological statistics, research methods, abnormal psychology, and learning theory.
- Official GRE General Test scores (use institution code 1319)
- A curriculum vitae
- A writing sample
- A personal statement
- Three recommendations (see application instructions about providing names and email addresses; recommendations must be uploaded to the application)
International16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16680 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16680 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9066 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9066 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
FundingScholarships Your grades, achievements, and activities during high school typically determine the scholarships for which you are eligible. Often, the organization or individual donor providing the scholarship wishes to reward or encourage certain characteristics or behaviors such as strong academic credentials, leadership or community service activities, or plans to enter a certain profession.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.