With emphasis on the systematic study of higher education, the Higher Education program at Pennsylvania State University builds on the scholarly and scientific disciplines offered throughout the University and applies these studies to the professional functions and responsibilities that its graduates will assume, and to the knowledge of the field of higher education.
- Demonstrate reading proficiencies to deal effectively with theoretical, empirical, and policy material in higher education.
- Demonstrate writing proficiencies to analyze problems of practice, draw upon and apply concepts studied, and synthesize ideas into relevant and useful conclusions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills that require suspended judgment and the application of relevant theory to varied areas of practice.
- Demonstrate responsibility toward the goal of becoming a proactive, reflective, life-long learner.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others to facilitate problem-solving and decision making through reflective practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of purpose, audience, and context in communication activities.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of communication technologies.
- Demonstrate an ability to draw upon key theories, concepts, and research findings to assess current issues and challenges facing higher education institutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect and analyze data to improve practice in particular administrative areas of higher education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical practice.
- Foundations of Higher Education
- Diversity & Equity in Higher Education
- Ethnicity, National Identity, and Education
- College Student Development
- Foundations of Educational Research
- Data Analysis for Education Research
- Economics of Education
- Foundations in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Curriculums in Higher Education
- Community Junior College and the Technical Institute
- Administration and Organization in Higher Education
- The History of American Higher Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 1663 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Master’s applicants must submit test scores from either the GRE, GMAT, MAT, or LSAT, taken no more than 5 years prior to the application date.
- All applicants must also submit a resume, a statement of purpose, and three letters of recommendation.
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 12 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.