The Master of Arts degree requirements include:
- A minimum of four semesters (or its equivalent) in one foreign language and
- A a satisfactory score on a University administered language examination approved by the Graduate School.
Criminal Justice Sciences students at Illinois State University admitted to the graduate program who do not have an undergraduate degree in criminal justice or a related field may be required to take preparatory courses at the undergraduate level.
- The Department offers both thesis and comprehensive examination options for completion of the master's degree.
- Thesis Option: Must complete 32 hours of course work including CJS 499 (thesis research) for six (6) hours of credit.
- Comprehensive Option: Must complete 34 hours of coursework, including four (4) hours of independent study and successfully pass a comprehensive examination in four areas (research methods, statistics, criminological theory, and an elective field).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Criminal Procedure And Evidence
- Experiences In International Justice
- Family Violence: Cross-cultural Perspectives
- Race, Ethnicity, And Criminal Justice
- Correctional Institutions
- Criminalizing Mental Illness
- Criminal Behavior Analysis
- Communication Skills In Criminal Justice
- Sex Offenders And The Criminal Justice System
- Alcohol, Drugs, And Crime
- Women In Criminal Justice
- Issues In Criminal Justice
- Terror And Counterterrorism
- World Criminal Justice Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminology View 164 other Masters in Criminology in United States
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
International17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9676 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.