The Master of Arts in English at the Montana State University: English Education Option (MAE:EE) more heavily focuses on pedagogical content knowledge and offers English language arts and literacy teachers opportunities to innovate their classrooms and be leaders in the field.
- Across both aspects of the MA in English, serious intellectual work takes place in the landscape of the Northern Rocky Mountains and Yellowstone region.
- Students develop close mentoring relationships with faculty members who have expertise in fields such as Writing Studies, education and pedagogy, British literature, and the literature of the American West.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The literature courses in the MA focus on how writing is born from, intersects with, and creates landscapes. Our graduate classes cover a range of literature from different countries of origin and time periods, but always with a focus on the vital role of space. Such inquiry considers the iconic terrain of the American West, the battlefields of Europe, and other settings both rural and urban.
- The Master of Arts degree requires 30 credits. Students may elect to write either a scholarly thesis (Plan A) or a professional paper (Plan B). Plan A entails 20 hours of course work and 10 hours of thesis. Plan B involves 24 hours of course work and 6 hours of professional paper.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature Teaching View 1460 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited, government-recognized university. These degrees are generally four-year-long programs.
- B average or higher from your undergraduate study (3.0/4.0 GPA, or equivalent).
- GRE test scores. Most department require this exam, but not all. A combined score of 300 is preferable. Study and preparation before taking the GRE is recommended.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary coursework completed.
International34611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34611 USD per year during 12 months.
National34611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34611 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11450 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bozeman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.