Multilingual students’ language and literacy learning is distinct from monolingual students’ learning. The graduate program in English Language Learners, offered by Vanderbilt University looks at cultural, cognitive, social, political, identity-oriented, and individual influences and processes on education.
The program offers two unique tracks:
- Teaching English Language Learners in the U.S. requires intermediate proficiency in a language other than English.
- Teaching English in an International Setting is open to students who wish to teach English language learners in an international setting. This track is aligned with Teachers of English to Students of Other Languages (TESOL) standards.
In the Department of Teaching and Learning, you are partners and future colleagues. Our vision is brought to life through collaborations with our students, partnering schools, community organizations, and the vibrant Vanderbilt community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychological Foundations of Education
- Foundations in Learning and Development
- Developmental Psychology
- Education and Psychology of Exceptional Learners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting View 20 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
- Submitted online application
- Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate work.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, three preferred for our master's programs. Three letters of recommendation are required for our Ed.D. programs.
- Statement of purpose
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE for the following M.Ed. programs only.
- Scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE for the M.E.d. in Leadership and Organizational Performance.
- International applicants must submit all of the above, plus the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants
International2025 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2025 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2025 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2025 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition per credit hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.