We offer a master degree in Civil Engineering at the Montana State University. Plan B (Professional Paper) requires completion of a minimum of thirty-one (31) credits of work, including a maximum of six (6) credits of Research or Prof Paper/Project (ECIV 575) / Research or Prof Paper/Project (EENV 575). One (1) credit of Seminar (ECIV 594) is required for both Plans A and B.
- A research experience, acceptable to the student’s graduate committee, is required of all M.S. students.
- The Plan A student prepares a thesis that is submitted to the student’s graduate committee and defended at the oral comprehensive examination.
- A Plan B student prepares a professional paper that is submitted to the student’s adviser and presented at an ECIV 594 seminar.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Candidates for the M.S. degree must pass a comprehensive examination near the completion of their graduate program. Students are expected to be familiar with the degree requirements of both the department and The Graduate School. Refer to the For Master's Students section.
- Curriculum requirements are highly individualized and established in consultation with and approved by the student's graduate committee.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 414 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited, government-recognized university. These degrees are generally four-year-long programs.
- B average or higher from your undergraduate study (3.0/4.0 GPA, or equivalent).
- GRE test scores. Most department require this exam, but not all. A combined score of 300 is preferable. Study and preparation before taking the GRE is recommended.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary coursework completed.
International17692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17692 USD per year during 12 months.
National17692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17692 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5568 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bozeman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.