Both programs share a set of core courses that allow students to explore knowledge common to both disciplines.
Students in science education or mathematics education can then collaborate to integrate science and mathematics education and to provide a better education for their students. Because many graduates of these MAT programs will rise to leadership positions such as department head or science and mathematics coordinator, the core courses provide fundamental skills in cognition, education research and assessment so that MAT graduates can evaluate educational strategies and thoughtfully advise their colleagues about them. The STEM content courses provide additional depth in specific science and mathematics content areas. Students may elect to write and defend a research-based thesis.
Graduates of the Mathematics Education degree program at University of Texas at Dallas seek positions such as: department head, science or mathematics coordinator and teacher.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Science, Mathematics, and Society
- Teaching and Learning of Science and Mathematics
- Introduction to Research and Evaluation in Science and Mathematics Education
- Research Methods in Science and Mathematics Education
- Basis of Evolution
- Rockin' Around Texas
- Astronomy: Our Place in Space
- Comparative Planetology
- Basis of Evolution
- Emerging Topics in Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Actuarial Science View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.