Biomedical engineering involves the application of engineering principles and methods to define and solve problems in medicine and biology. Students choose biomedical engineering to be of service to people, for the challenge of working with living systems and to apply advanced technology to problems of healthcare delivery.
Biomedical engineering careers can be found in industrial, healthcare, academic, private laboratory and government settings. The typical biomedical engineer will work in a team environment that may include physical scientists, engineers, clinicians and life scientists.
- Graduates of the Biomedical Engineering program from University of Texas at Dallas seek positions including: Research and Development Engineer in areas such as bioinstrumentation, biomaterials, biomechanics, tissue engineering or rehabilitation engineering and Consulting Engineer in the public and private sector.
- Biomaterials and Medical Devices
- Self-Assembly of Biomaterials
- Biomedical Microdevices
- Nanotechnology and Sensors
- Engineering Systems: Modeling and Simulation
- Physiology and Immunology for Engineers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 335 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 12 months.
National22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6172 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Richardson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.