Master’s degrees may be earned under either of two plans as determined by the advisory committee. The first plan emphasizes research, the second requires comprehensive understanding of a more general character. The Molecular and Cell Biology (Microbiology) program is offered by University of Connecticut.
About the degree
- Upon successful completion of the preliminary examination, the student will be eligible to complete the related examination. This exam must be taken before the completion of three years in the program. At least one week before the exam, the student will submit a research prospectus to the advisory committee and two examiners.
- The examination consists of an oral presentation of the work to the committee followed by questions about the work addressed to the student. Questions may cover the general area of investigation, approaches, and methods. The related examination will be chaired by one of the associate advisors. Upon successful completion of the related examination, the Graduate School will be notified that the student has completed the General Examination.
- Microbial Diversity and Ecology
- Genetics and Physiology
- Microbial Biotransformations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 198 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.The Graduate School does not require a third-party credential evaluation, however we accept evaluations from the following services:
- NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or
- AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators)
If your degree is a 3 year bachelor’s degree from India, Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka or certain other countries, we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree. Even if the degree has been evaluated as a 4 year degree by an outside credential evaluator that is a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators), we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree.TranscriptsPersonal Statement of Purpose
International26304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13152 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13152 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5844 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Storrs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.