- Faculty are honored for both research and teaching.
- Some of the awards include the A.M. Gaudin Award for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration from the American Institute of Metallurgy, the Norton H. Walker Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, and Michigan Tech’s Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Within the department, student research projects are funded by the National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, and a variety of chemical and materials industries.
- External funding exceeds $1 million annually, with a current level of approximately $3 million.
Our research is recognized nationally in our core strength areas of process safety, process systems engineering, applied thermodynamics, polymers, minerals processing, and biochemical engineering. Current Michigan Tech undergraduate students can earn a MS degree with just a single year of study beyond the BS through the Accelerated Master's Program.
Recent research thrusts have been centered around University initiatives in sustainability, biotechnology, and alternative energy. Laboratory facilities within the department include the Carbon Technology Center, Hazards Evaluation Lab, Polymer Lab, Minerals Processing Lab, Process Simulation and Control Center, and Thermodynamics and Physical Properties Measurement Lab.
- Appl Mathematics for CM
- Advanced CM Thermodynamics
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Laboratory Safety
- Adv Reactive Systems Analysis
- Theory and Methods of Research
- Advanced Mineral Processing
- Literature Reviews in Chemical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesChemical Engineering View 178 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
To be considered for admission to the Graduate School as a degree- or certificate-seeking student, you need to:
- have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, and
- be prepared for advanced study in your chosen field, as demonstrated by your previous degree and your scholastic record.
- Required Materials
- Student Statements
- Official Transcripts
- Admissions Tests
- Letters of Recommendation
- Program Required Documents:
- Review all of the documents required by your program(s) of interest prior to beginning the application process. Additional documents/requirements you may need include:
International43434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21717 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National43434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21717 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.