Students may enroll in the program on a flexible part-time or full-time schedule as classes are held in the evenings and on Saturdays to allow students to work on internships and full-time jobs. Several types of financial assistance are offered, including graduate assistantships (with tuition waivers), scholarships, and a fellowship. The program’s flexibility in scheduling courses, the many networking opportunities, and the variety of students and specializations are viewed by our graduates as significant strengths.
University of North Carolina Greensboro MPA program is the only Public Affairs program in the North Carolina Piedmont Triad accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration. Our students come from a wide variety of majors and backgrounds and go into many types of public service positions. Our job placement record for the past several years is over 90%. See our Student Profiles, Alumni Profiles, Internships, and Graduate Jobs sections.
- provide a stimulating and challenging education enabling a diverse student body to develop public values and master essential knowledge, competencies, and skills within a supportive and cooperative community;
- prepare pre-service students for leadership and professional positions in public service;
- provide education to in-service students that will lead to their development and career advancement as leaders, professionals, and managers;
- contribute to the fields of public policy, public administration, and nonprofit management through scholarly and applied research, publications, and professional service;
- serve the greater Piedmont Triad area through community-engaged scholarship, interns, graduates, and outreach activities that enhance the performance of local government and nonprofit organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Public Administration and Management
- Politics of Public Policy
- Quantitative Analysis and Program Evaluation
- Budgeting and Fiscal Administration
- Public Personnel Management
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Legal Issues in Public Administration
- Nonprofit Law
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Law Public Policy View 513 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate application form (https://gradapply.uncg.edu/apply/)
- MPA Supplementary Application form (your personal statement form)
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses
- Three recommendations – e.g. faculty, supervisors, professional colleagues
- Transcript of scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Applicants who have been out of college for three years or more may substitute the Miller Analogy Test (MAT)
- Applicants with a Master’s degree or at least a 3.5 GPA or above from an accredited college or university are not required to submit this test requirement.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.