A variety of career opportunities are available in education, non-profit, private, state and federal sectors including: juvenile counselor, drug/substance abuse counselor, marriage and family counselor, and a general Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
The Department of Counseling offers the 60 credit hour Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This clinical program emphasizes creativity, diversity, developmental and relational processes, ethics, and professional identity within Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Students may earn credit toward a state license and/or certification to practice in clinical settings (i.e., Licensed Professional Counselor, etc.). The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Introduction to Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Counseling Theories
- Clinical Assessment and Appraisal Strategies for Counselors
- Group Theory and Process
- Diagnosis in Counseling
- Counseling in a Multicultural Setting
- Development of Counseling Skills
- Biopsychosocial Aspects of Addiction Counseling
- Practicum in Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Internship I
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Internship II
- Career Development and Choice
- Couple and Family Counseling Theories
- Trauma, Crisis, and Grief Counseling
- Human Development Across the Life Span
- Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 920 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Apply Online - Graduate Application
- Domestic Application Fee: $50 / International Application Fee: $90
- All applicants must submit the completed application with all of the required materials to complete their application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Test Scores
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent/Artist Statement
- Any additional application requirements may be uploaded
International51928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25964 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National51928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25964 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8436 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.