The purpose of Online Learning and Teaching is to develop competent online instructors and instructional designers. The certificate program provides those who desire to deliver learning materials at a distance with the foundational knowledge and skills required to design, develop, and implement effective materials for online learning.
Skills learned include how to design effective instruction for a distance-learning environment, how to evaluate critical issues in distance education, and how to develop distance education materials.
Throughout this completely online certificate program participants will have numerous opportunities to integrate their professional experiences into their learning, apply their course assignments to their current professional activities, and actively engage with other professionals in the development of these proficiencies.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- E-learning Theory and Design
- Programming for Games & Simulations
- Emerging Technologies for K-12 Teaching
- Assessment and Evaluation in E-learning
- Distance Education Technology
- Instructional Technology Management
- Authoring E-learning Environments: Computer-Assisted Instruction (CAI)
- Practicum in E-learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1229 other Masters in Education in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.