The objective of the degree is to provide advanced study in the field of art in preparation for a career as a practicing artist, in higher education, or as a professional in other art enterprise.
Why Pursue an M.F.A. at UTSA?
- The caliber of UTSA Art Department faculty, all of whom have outstanding exhibition records which are part of major museum collections and have shown internationally
- The small size of our graduate program allows for more student-faculty contact and a more personalized and intensive experience
- We offer the Margaret Denslow Harris Graduate Fellowship in Studio Art, which provides a $20,000 award to one graduate student applicant seeking to complete the MFA degree in a visual art studio discipline at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).
- Ranked in the top tier at #114 by US News and World Report.
More informationVisit official programme website
- New Media
- Practicum in the Visual Arts
- Graduate Studio Seminar
- Master of Fine Arts Exhibition
- Independent Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 202 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s of Fine Arts or the equivalent is required. Equivalency is defined as completion of a minimum of 45 semester credit hours in studio art and 15 semester credit hours in art history as part of, or in addition to, a bachelor’s degree.
- General University Requirements:A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- Application: A complete Graduate School application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: None.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose: A statement of intent concerning graduate school.
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8246 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.