This Geoinformatics and Geospatial Intelligence program from George Mason University focuses primarily on the computational approaches that support the synthesis and analysis of diverse types of data in order to identify and monitor complex events and phenomena that manifest over space and time.
While geospatial intelligence has a strong Department of Defense connotation, the principles behind it have a significant dual use potential, addressing the needs of a broader audience, ranging for example from intelligent navigation in urban spaces to emergency response systems for natural and man-made disasters.
The MS is designed to expose students to fundamental theoretical principles and practical applications involving:
- Geographic Information Science
- Digital image analysis as it applies to geoinformatics and geospatial intelligence
- Computational principles for geoinformatics and intelligence
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geospatial Science Fundamentals
- Geographic Information Systems
- Spatial Data Structures
- Selected Topics in Geospatial Intelligence
- Capstone Course in Geoinformatics
- Earth Image Processing
- Scientific Data Mining for Geoinformatics
- Remote Sensing
- Hyperspectral Imaging Systems
- Advanced Remote Sensing Applications
- Hyperspectral Imaging Applications
- Advanced Geographic Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) View 107 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1612 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1612 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1612 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1612 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State724 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 724 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.