The degree emphasizes a research-oriented, global systems approach to studying the Earth and its systems- the atmosphere, the hydrosphere, and the lithosphere, including their interrelationships and interactions with the biosphere. Emphasis is on the observation, measurement, and analysis of Earth's systems.
Most student research projects and theses will relate to geologic and geographic topics, however studies of related topics in Earth science are welcome.
- Students completing the Earth Systems Science program from George Mason University are qualified to pursue careers that require knowledge of the basics of Earth systems science and the requisite tools, specifically pertaining to the area of Earth science that they choose to investigate.
- Students are encouraged to undertake a master's thesis but may choose a research project. In the latter case, students must pass a comprehensive exam.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geography and Geoinformation Science Colloquium
- Paleontology Seminar
- Seminar in Earth Systems Science, Geology, Earth Science
- Climate Dynamics Seminar
- Land-Climate Interactions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 141 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions.
- Verification of English language proficiency. Please see English language requirements page.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores, as required by your program sent directly to Mason from the testing agency.
International50860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25430 USD per semester during 12 months.
National50860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25430 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.