Interested in the foundations of the educational system? Learn about the philosophy, history, social & cultural contexts, and comparative/international education in this Educational Foundations program.
Students also take electives such as education law, educational policy, politics of education, feminist studies and education, peace education, and environmental education.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Education in America
- Philosophy of Education
- Comparative/International Education
- Social Education
- Cultural Contexts of Education
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1805 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification pages, or a copy of the national identification card if a passport is not available.
- Submit one transcript or academic record from each institution of higher education attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take English Language Proficiency.
- Show proof of sufficient funding to cover all educational and living expenses, including expenses for any accompanying spouse or children.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 30 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 30 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.