Many courses are offered during late afternoon or evening hours to allow students with full-time employment to easily attend. George Mason University students employed at area high-technology organizations may take up to 6 credits (out of 30) for work done on the job under the guidance of a faculty member.
This employment-related research may be conducted under an optional 3-credit research project or an optional 6-credit master's thesis. Applied and Engineering Physics Master's students who are not employed full time may apply for financial aid or a limited number of research assistantships.
This emphasis is intended for students who may wish to pursue employment in an applied physics or engineering related field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Physics
- Modern Instrumentation
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics and Atomic Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Applied Electromagnetic Theory
- Classical Electrodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 399 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1512 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1512 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State624 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 624 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.