The Industrial Design program of Rochester Institute of Technology will enhance your career success by further developing your knowledge in design process and technology. This project-based program allows you to explore design theory, design history, and human-centered design. You will conduct unique research on various topics of interest, which will further your understanding of the industry and society. As you conclude your studies, you will obtain hands-on experience on technical competence, analytical thought, sustainability, and transdisciplinary collaboration, all key to fueling your career.
The MFA in industrial design is for career enhancement or redirection. The educational experience is project-oriented, requiring research into design methods and technologies. Cross-disciplinary collaboratives provide an experiential dimension.
Typical Job Titles
- Industrial Designer
- Product Designer
- Technology Studio
- Design Laboratory
- Function of Form
- Form of Function
- 2D Ideation and Visualization
- Integrated Design Visualization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Fashion Design View 113 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit a portfolio of work that demonstrates strong design skills, visual sophistication, and aesthetic awareness. (Refer to Graduate Portfolio Requirements for more information.)
- Submit a personal statement of educational objectives.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.