Program Learning Objectives
- University of Southern California Students will utilize gerontological frameworks to examine human development and aging.
- Students will relate biological theory and science to understanding senescence, longevity andvariation in aging.
- Students will relate psychological theories and science to understand adaptation, stability, andchange in aging.
- Gerontology students will relate social theories and science of aging to understanding heterogeneity,inequality, and context of aging.
- Students will learn to distinguish factors related to aging outcomes, both intrinsic andcontextual, through critical thinking and empirical research• Students will promote older persons’ strengths and adaptations to maximize well-being, health,and mental status
- Students will promote quality of life and positive social environment for older persons
- Students will learn to employ and design programmatic and community development with andon behalf of the aging population
- Students will learn to employ and generate policy to equitably address the needs of olderpersons
- Students will engage in research to advance knowledge and improve interventions for olderpersons
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiology of Development and Aging
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Life Span Developmental Sociology
- Social Policy and Aging
- Case Studies in Leadership and Change Management
- Field Practicum
- Research Methods
- Integrating Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Approach.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Medicine View 94 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Complete supplemental application included as part of university application
- In your university application, you must upload your resume and statement of interest
- 2 letters of recommendation, either uploaded in your university application or mailed separately by your recommenders.
- Official transcripts should be mailed directly to our office. Students must declare all schools on the application and submit transcripts from all institutions attended (even if it was for just one semester) after high school
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of .
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.