The graduate program in Geoscience provides advanced professional training for careers as hydrologists, environmental resource managers, city and regional planners, engineering geologists, geophysical and geochemical geologists, meteorologists and climatologists, earth science teachers, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) specialists, consultants in business and industry, and professional educators.
Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP)
This degree at Western Kentucky University offers a Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) which provides academically outstanding students the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in approximately five years. Contact the graduate program coordinator for additional information.
Western Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Literacy
- Geoscience Statistical Methods
- Geoscience Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 192 other Masters in Geography in United States
- GRE score, with a minimum 3.5 score on the GRE Analytical Writing component
- 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Minimum of 18 hours of science courses at the undergraduate level, preferably in the geosciences
- One-page statement of research goals
- Written evidence of an agreement from a graduate faculty member in the Department of Geography and Geology willing to supervise the proposed research project
- Passing grade (C or higher) in appropriate undergraduate coursework to support the thesis research program. For example, students pursuing a thesis project in GIS-related topics are required to have passed an introductory GIS course and a Spatial Data Analysis course at the undergraduate level. Students should take preparatory courses in the summer semester before joining the Geoscience program if they have not previously taken these courses.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 953 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 917 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.