The course of study in the Historic Preservation program from University of Colorado Denver is for students seeking training in spatial, technical and design aspects of the broader field; it encompasses architecture, cultural landscapes, preservation, planning, building technology, project management, documentation, interpretation and representation.
Historic preservationists come from a variety of backgrounds. Some are well-educated in the humanities and desire to increase their technical understanding. Those familiar with the social sciences might be seeking “real world” applications for their expertise. Many already with “first professional degrees” in design and planning disciplines, as well as law and business, seek to deepen their competence in the vibrant and interesting professional niche of historic preservation. Our program is compliant with National Council of Preservation Education Standards.
- Historic Preservation
- Historic Buildings in Context
- Adaptive Reuse: Business and Practice
- Documentation, Analysis, Representation
- Building Material Conservation
- History of Landscape Architecture
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Deadline is typically March 15, but late applications are occasionally accepted until June.
DisciplinesArchitecture History Landscape Architecture View 178 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
- Online Application
- Statement of Purpose: The statement of purpose should be a 750-1000 word essay that describes your interest in historic preservation and CU Denver, as well as your academic and professional goals.
- A compact portfolio (max. 20 pages 8.5” X 11”) of writing samples, and optionally, graphic work and professional resume is strongly recommended. Please upload of PDF to the online application.
- Submission of Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores is recommended for applicants without evidence of prior successful graduate level accomplishment. [There is an expedited application procedure for current CU Denver students in another CAP masters program. Please inquire to the MSHP Program Director.]
International46548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 15 months.
National46548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 15 months.
In-State17064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 474 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.