The Medical Physiology MSc program offered at University of Southern California from the Department of Physiology and Biophysics offers both a non-thesis track and a thesis track. Students are admitted into the thesis track, which requires mentorship from a faculty member and that resources are available for the thesis research project. Enrollment in the non-thesis track will be considered on an individual basis.
Exposing students to studies involving many organism functions not only stimulates thoughts regarding therapeutic and health-promoting opportunities but also tempers those thoughts with the recognition of how modification of one function may lead to changes in other functions that are either beneficial or harmful. The program also seeks to train students in effective written and oral communication.
Specific objectives of the program include demonstration of:
- Mastery of core information in cell biology, molecular biology, and statistics.
- Broad comprehension of major functions of the human organism, how they interact, and how examples of dysfunction are diagnosed, treated or represent an unmet medical need.
- The ability to orally communicate the rationale underlying a research project and a critique of results of relevant research efforts.
- The ability to conduct a research project and communicate in writing and orally the rationale underlying the research project, a critique of results of the student’s research efforts, and recommendations regarding future research efforts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Medical Physiology
- Medical Biology Seminar Series
- Principles of Statistics
- Ethics and Accountability in Biomedical Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 147 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
- GRE or MCAT test scores.
- Brief statement explaining reasons for applying to the program.
- Brief statement regarding laboratory experience.
- Transcripts from all college level institutions previously attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.