Through this Secondary School Teaching program’s teacher residency model, you will:
- Come to Creighton’s campus for six weeks during the summer for your first few classes and preparation for the rest of the program
- Gain valuable teaching experience in a secondary school for a full academic school year
- Learn by doing through hands-on teaching supplemented by guidance from a teacher-mentor
- Become well-prepared to effectively teach and encourage academic success in a secondary school classroom
- Earn your initial teaching certificate from the state of Nebraska as well as a master’s degree
Earn more than a degree from a leader in education.
Graduates of this program are able to advance their careers and take on new professional roles in education. Through this accelerated, hybrid program at Creighton University, you’ll earn your master’s degree from Creighton as well as your teaching certificate.No matter your passions, you’ll be earning your credentials through a university known for excellence in graduate educational programs. Creighton’s Secondary School Teaching M.Ed. program has been accredited/approved by the Nebraska Department of Education and accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Our graduate programs in education have also been recognized for their excellence by U.S. News & World Report.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Program Orientation
- Teacher Residency Integration Seminar
- Facilitating Student Learning
- Facilitating Student Responsibility
- Human Relations and Cultural Diversity
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 490 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 2.75 GPA or higher
- Must include previous coursework in one of these endorsement areas: Art, English, French, history, language arts, mathematics, religious education, science (biology or chemistry), social sciences, or Spanish
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Praxis Core Test and Subject Assessment scores
- Satisfactory background check
- Notarized felony conviction and mental capacity statements.
International14760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 615 USD per credit during 14 months.
National14760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 615 USD per credit during 14 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.